Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I am finally back to blogging after a couple weeks off for time with family and friends for the holidays.

Although I was not blogging, I was doing a lot of cooking and baking, and am excited to start the year sharing recipes, tips and tricks with you for delicious and nutritious gluten-free cooking.

As I have been reflecting on the many blessings of this past year, I can't help but reflect on my health. It was two years ago, at the prompting of my good friend Keri, that I decided to give the gluten free diet a try in a desperate last ditch effort to see improvement in my health and quality of life. It was a daunting resolution for me and one that I had little hope of making a difference. It is a resolution that I have kept, that has been both difficult and the best thing I have ever done. Two years ago, I could not stand in my kitchen to cook Christmas dinner for my family, without severe pain within 2 hours. I had years of chronic digestive and other health issues that I had resolved to live with and count it all joy. While I still have intermittent digestive issues due to micro exposure to gluten, the year has been marked with almost miraculous improvement in my health, which I am so thankful to God for! As I embarked on this journey 2 years ago, my exact quote was, "I will die if I have to go off gluten."

My resolution for 2012 is to help others see that not only will you not die, but quite to the contrary, with a little diligence and a lot of patience, life can improve more than you can imagine. I hope to help others learn to cook for themselves, their families and friends...healthier,with great flavor and with more nutritious ingredients. I hope that you will find joy again in sharing a meal with your loved ones, without the worry of being ill.

I leave you with the following scripture:

You shall eat in plenty and be satisfied, and praise the name of the Lord your God, who has dealt wondrously with you. Joel 2:26

No comments:

Post a Comment